NUS Economics Society Student Feedback Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[CORE] [EC3303] Econometric I (Eugene Choo)

Go down

[CORE] [EC3303] Econometric I (Eugene Choo) Empty [CORE] [EC3303] Econometric I (Eugene Choo)

Post  yfang Mon May 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Tutorial participation + attendance - 10%
Homework assignments - 20%
Midterm test - 30%
Final Exam - 40%

Prof Choo encourages group work in both the project and the homework assignments, although individual work is allowed. There will be two homework assignments for the entire course. The last assignment involves using EVIEWS to run the regression to check for statistical significance etc.

Need to have is strong foundation in statistical analysis and probabilities like the concepts of normal distribution, t-distribution, F-distribution, and so on. There are some focus on proving too.

Prof Choo occasionally upload his lecture notes late, sometimes on the day itself before the lecture. In my opinion, his lecture notes follows the textbook quite closely, though there may be sometimes he skip and fast forward to another section expecting us to read up on our own due to time constraints. Nevertheless, he is rather approachable. The textbook he uses is Introduction to Econometrics by Stock and Watson (3rd Edition)

P.S. Heard from sources he will be teaching in 2012/2013 Semester I.

Course difficulty: 4/5

yfang

Back to top Go down