NUS Economics Society Student Feedback Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[CORE][EC2102] Macroeconomics Analysis I (by Dr Serene Tan)

3 posters

Go down

[CORE][EC2102] Macroeconomics Analysis I (by Dr Serene Tan) Empty [CORE][EC2102] Macroeconomics Analysis I (by Dr Serene Tan)

Post  NiQ Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:27 am

This module builds on some of the macroeconomics concepts covered in EC1101E/EC1301. The first part of the lecture covers first order conditions (FOC), which is essentially differentiating the utility function to obtain the point of maximum utility. The second part focuses on the IS-LM and AS-AD curves of the Keynesian model. The grading system includes class participation, mid-terms and finals.

Dr Serene is a good lecturer. Her intonation is clear and she explains concepts clearly. The notes may seem brief at first but everything falls into place after she explains it. Be prepared to do some intensive copying during the lecture.

However, there is a lot of mathematics involved, especially calculus for the FOCs. It is simple differentiation but alphas and betas are used in place of numbers, so you need a strong foundation in calculus to cope with this module under Dr Serene.

NiQ
Admin

Back to top Go down

[CORE][EC2102] Macroeconomics Analysis I (by Dr Serene Tan) Empty haha

Post  wlymmbe90 Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:27 pm

new member watery reply lol.... Very Happy
Thx NQ~

wlymmbe90

Back to top Go down

[CORE][EC2102] Macroeconomics Analysis I (by Dr Serene Tan) Empty Re: [CORE][EC2102] Macroeconomics Analysis I (by Dr Serene Tan)

Post  Chmel Tue May 31, 2011 10:10 pm

Don't skip her lectures! It's crazy trying to catch up bc the notes are all empty without the diagrams that she draws in class. You may be able to get notes from your friends to copy but it's still not as helpful as attending her lectures! plus, she's funny Smile

Chmel

Back to top Go down

[CORE][EC2102] Macroeconomics Analysis I (by Dr Serene Tan) Empty Re: [CORE][EC2102] Macroeconomics Analysis I (by Dr Serene Tan)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down