NUS Economics Society Student Feedback Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[EC3341] International Economics I (By Dr Tomoo Kikuchi)

Go down

[EC3341] International Economics I (By Dr Tomoo Kikuchi) Empty [EC3341] International Economics I (By Dr Tomoo Kikuchi)

Post  IZ Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Grading: 20% Midterm Test 40% Group presentation x 2 40% Final

Lecturer: friendly and approachable, however, many students complain about the contents itself not easily to be digested as the lecture slides are generally quite few in contents and lecturer might not be able to express as freely as he would, yet, he's still a very nice lecturer.

Content covered: it might be a bit hard at first, but the content covered after mid term is manageable and easier. Textbook, I think, is very important for you to have a better understanding on lecture notes itself as normally not much information you could find on it, which could be a good or a bad.

Group presentation: you are required to work in a group of 5 or 6, submit a soft copy before the tutorial class and present the tutorial questions in the tutorial class, it's just another way of presenting in tutorial, and everyone should basically get a roughly similar grade if you contribute.

Examinations: Midterm is not as hard as expected and final as always, may not be as easy as it seems to be. Understanding of lecture slides and tutorials will aid you to score better.

Bidding point for this module is only 1 point, there are pros and cons of taking under him, you might find it difficult to understand as lecture slides is not much, but a good thing as well as you don't need to know a lot for exams.

IZ

Back to top Go down