NUS Economics Society Student Feedback Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[EC3333] Financial Economics I (by Dr Lu Jinfeng)

Go down

[EC3333] Financial Economics I (by Dr Lu Jinfeng) Empty [EC3333] Financial Economics I (by Dr Lu Jinfeng)

Post  IZ Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:36 pm

Workload distribution: forgot the weightage of each components, but it is comprised of Mid Term, Final and Participation (10%, only need to present once)

This module has a very heavy component of mathematics, some students might find it struggling in it, especially with memorizing the formula. However, some would find it very interesting as it is covering something totally unlearnt from the core. Topics covered including Risky Assets, Optimal Risky Portfolio, Optimal Complete Portfolio, CAPM, Arbitrage Pricing Theory, bond and options.

The lecturer, despite having some Chinese accents which some students find a bit confusing and annoying, he is a very patient lecturer who would make sure everyone would understand the concepts. He stresses concepts instead of memorizing, though he has changed the format from open book to closed book exam, the exam itself becomes easier (which is a good thing) and those who are able to pick up weekly would do well at the end.

The class is normally a morning class, which some find it hard to concentrate. Thus, those who wish to take this module, make sure you brush up your mathematics and are able to concentrate well during the morning class. All the best!

IZ

Back to top Go down