NUS Economics Society Student Feedback Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[CORE][EC2303] Introduction to Econometrics (Prof Zhou Lingzhi)

2 posters

Go down

[CORE][EC2303] Introduction to Econometrics (Prof Zhou Lingzhi) Empty [CORE][EC2303] Introduction to Econometrics (Prof Zhou Lingzhi)

Post  daitarn Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Content wise is basically covering what you learnt in H2 Mathematics: Probability, Hypothesis Testing and finding Confidence Interval.

One thing that I find lacking from the module is the lecturer does not upload any answers onto IVLE. Her rationale is all the answers to the tutorial questions will be presented in class and she wants to ensure everybody attends tutorials. Personally, I feel having a standard model answer at least can allow you to know how to answer the questions better. Sometimes our answer is correct but there is a more efficient manner to present our answer which we will not realize without the model answer.

Many people will say this is an easy module to score but personally I do not like the exam questions set by Prof Zhou Lingzhi as they are usually indirect, require you to think for awhile before you can start doing them. Moreover, she has the tendency to set something new for every exam to surprise students.

daitarn

Back to top Go down

[CORE][EC2303] Introduction to Econometrics (Prof Zhou Lingzhi) Empty EC2303

Post  yfang Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Module is manageable, little workload. Only have to submit one tutorial assignment every 3 weeks or so (3 assignments altogether).
Her exam questions are usually different from pass semester. Time management needed to complete the papers in my pov. I took in Semester 1 2011/2012, I find the questions do-able but there are many questions on hypothesis (time-consuming).

yfang

Back to top Go down